Dream it, Draw it, Win it! Contest full Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. States, D.C., and Puerto Rico, 18 years or older. Void where prohibited.
The following are the official rules for the StarLight Designer Series Dream it, Draw it, Win it! Solar StarLight Design Contest (the “Contest”):
1. Sponsors: The Contest is sponsored by StarLight (the “Sponsor”) to celebrate the introduction of the StarLight Designer Series. Contest to be held through SolarStarLight.com (the “Website”), property of AGS Stainless Inc. 7873 NE Day Rd Bainbridge Island, Wa 98110.
2. Eligibility: Any individual who submits a design to enter the Contest, must be at least of legal age in the jurisdiction where they reside. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and of the Website, and/or parent entity and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, sibling, and/or child) are not eligible to participate and are not eligible to win the prize.
3. Entry Period: Individual designs may be submitted for entry once the Contest begins at 10pm. EDT on July 22, 2016, and no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT on Oct 31st 2016 (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside of (before or after) the Entry Period will not be considered valid Contest entries and will not be included. Entries submitted outside of the Entry Period will not be eligible to win the prize.
4. Contest Details: Contest entrants will submit their Dream Design for a Designer Series solar LED accent light in the form of a drawing using the official Contest design template (available for download). Entrants will be asked to download a blank Contest Design Template, complete it by drawing their dream design within the indicated area on the Contest Design Template, then upload a copy of their finished template where indicated when filling out the official Contest Entry Form. Each design must be an original work and cannot include any elements whose use would be considered a violation of licensing, copyright and/or trademark laws.
Entrants may submit more than one entry. Submissions must comply with Contest rules and guidelines to be considered a valid entry. Entries which fail to follow stated Contest rules and guidelines, fail to follow required Contest format (use of provided Design Template), are found to contain content of an inappropriate or offensive nature or are in violation of ownership laws will be considered in-valid and will not be included in the Contest. All valid entries, approved by the Sponsor, will be available to the public for viewing and judging.
Judging will happen in the form of votes submitted for individual Contest entries displayed in the Dream it, Draw it, Win it! Contest Gallery. Voting is open to the Public and votes may be cast by individuals being at least of legal age in the jurisdiction where they reside, are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and void where prohibited by law. Entrants are encouraged to invite friends and family to participate in the voting. Friends and family of entrants are encouraged to also participate in the Contest should they choose.
Everyone is encouraged to participate in selecting the winning design submission by voting for their favorite design or designs. Voters are allowed one vote per individual design entry, but may vote for as many of their favorite designs as they choose. The design entry that has received the greatest number of votes at the close of the Entry Period, October 31, 2016, will be the Contest winner and receive the custom StarLight prize package.
6. Ownership Rights in Submissions; Originality; License to Sponsor and Website: You must have all ownership rights to your design. By submitting an entry you represent and warrant that any design elements, artwork and images contained therein are your original work and that no other person or entity, including any third party designer, has any ownership interest in the design or is entitled to any payment for the use of the design, image or artwork. Sponsor and Website reserve the right to void and/or disqualify any submission if found in Sponsor’s and Website’s sole discretion to be inconsistent with these representations and warranties, plagiarized, copied, or fraudulent; to infringe upon existing rights of others; or to be incomplete, damaged, obscene, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Website from and against all claims or damages arising out of the use of any design or other materials you submit. By submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor, and it’s respective successors and assigns an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual license to publish, display, use, exploit, edit, adapt, modify, copy, disseminate, post, or dispose of the design, artwork and other submitted materials online, in print, film, television, or in any other media for editorial, advertising, promotional, product and product design, and other purposes without compensation or notification of any kind to you, except as prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection: One StarLight grand prize package, valued at $1,050, will be awarded based on online voting during the Entry Period. The winner will be selected based on the total number of votes cast for their Dream Design entry. Votes cast for the winning entry are subject to review to confirm all were cast in accordance with Contest rules and regulations. All decisions made in all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding and are at the discretion of the Sponsor, Website and ultimately AGS Stainless, Inc. The Winner will be notified by phone and/or email no later than November 4, 2016. The winning design entry will be announced on SolarStarLight.com, the Dream it, Draw it, Win it! Contest page and applicable social media platforms following the close of the Contest Entry Period and notification of Winner.
8. Prize: The Winner will receive a Prize Package that includes: a set of (6) Custom Starlights outdoor accent lights, each laser cut with the winning Dream Design, all associated production design and tooling costs ($750 value). Total prize package is valued at $1,050. Cash value of Prize Package is $0.01. There is no guarantee the winning design will be produced beyond the scope of the set of custom solar StarLights included in the Prize Package awarded to the winner. Due to mechanical and production constraints, final design produced on prize package set of StarLights is subject to change at the discretion of the Sponsor, Website or AGS Stainless. All versions of the winning design, should it be modified, remain the sole property of the Sponsor, Website, etc. Should the Winner choose not to accept the Prize Package, an alternate winner (the design entry receiving the next highest number of votes) will be chosen.
ALL EXPENSES, TAXES & COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF ALL PRIZES ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. NO PRIZE SUBSTITUTION PERMITTED BY WINNER UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. CASH VALUE OF PRIZE PACKAGE IS $0.01USD.
US residents: In compliance with Internal Revenue Service regulations, Sponsor will send a Form 1099-MISC to any winner receiving a prize valued in excess of $600 (USD), which requires disclosure to Sponsor of winner’s social security number. Winner remains solely responsible for paying any/all federal and other taxes in accordance with the laws that apply in winner’s state of residence.
9. Right to Use Name, Likeness, and Other Identifying Information: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Sponsor, Website, and their respective successors and assigns the right, except where prohibited by law, to use the entrant’s name, likeness, city and state, biographical information, entry materials, and written or oral statements, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes, without compensation, unless required by law. Entrants shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of their name, likeness, city and state, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph are without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as required by law, and shall extend to all entries and all other submitted materials related to the Contest, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
10. General Conditions: No purchase necessary. Winning prize package products & services are valued at $1,050, cash value of prize package is equal to $0.01. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, Website, and Parent Corporation, which will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Sponsor, Website, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) shall have no responsibility for any injury, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance and use of the prize. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor and Website, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor and Website reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest, and/or to judge entries from among all eligible, no suspect entries received prior to such action. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by AGS Stainless Inc. on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
While it is encouraged to invite others to support your design entry, any activities found having a sole intended purpose of unnaturally or unfairly boosting the number of votes for an individual submission, conduct considered fraudulent or illegal, or any activity involved with falsifying support for an individual design will result in the immediate disqualification of any and all entries/entrants suspected of involvement with unbecoming behavior, unlawful or fraudulent actions regardless of prior knowledge or intent on the part of involved parties. Those who show they cannot participate in the design entry and/or voting portions of the Contest with appropriate conduct, sportsmanship and integrity will be promptly disqualified, will not be eligible to participate further in Contest activities, any contest submissions will be removed from the Gallery and will not be eligible to win the prize.
11. Privacy: By entering this Contest, entrants agree and consent that any information provided upon entering may be used by Sponsor and Website in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies located at SolarStarLight.com/privacy-policy/ and AGSstainless.com/privacy-policy/. If you do not want your information used in this manner, do not enter this Contest.
12. Termination: Sponsor and Website reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to viruses, bugs or other conflicts beyond the control of the Sponsor and Website which may corrupt the administration or security of the Contest. In the event the Contest is suspended or terminated (for any reason) the prize will be awarded among the eligible entries to the design with the greatest number of votes at the point of the Contests suspension or termination. Sponsor or Website is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries; computer system, equipment or program malfunctions, or other errors; failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections; damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation; or for any other technical problems related to web site entries. Sponsor or Website is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND WEBSITE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH OFFENDER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.